Booooo! Booooo! Boooooooo!

While I'm not a fan of the New York Times Bestseller List, I do like to check out their Sunday review, and this week I was extremely disappointed to read that they've started counting e-Book sales. I am happy for authors (although some of them suck), that their virtual sales are being recorded and recognized, making the list more accurate. Fine. Yay for them.

What I'm not thrilled with is that eReaders have garnered this sort of status. Unfortunately, I appear to be in the minority since it is estimated that the industry makes about $3 billion right now, with projections into the $8 billion range in 2014.

Those stupid little hunks of plastic that can die on you (can a book die? Can it? Can it?) aren't going away. I hope someone develops a virus for them that makes the letters turn into wingdings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS