Some More Math

We're at the height of preparing for the AP Language and Composition test so I thought I'd bring you some more reading-related math. Hold on, let me pull out my abacus. 

Source


I have 75 AP students*

Each will write approximately 11 essays in the next three weeks**

Each essay takes approximately 3 minutes to read***

Each student will therefore take up 33 minutes of my time

75 students x 33 minutes = 2,475 minutes/ 60 = 41.25 hours****

41.25 hours/18 days = 2.29 hours/day grading essays*****

Wow******

2.29 hours x 2 drinks/hour = 4.58 cocktails/grading session*******  

Source


*I really love them and teaching this course, by the way  

** Sorry guys, but practice makes "perfect"

*** Assuming it's legible and doesn't have five million errors 

**** Then length of time it would take me to read about 4 books

***** When the eff do I have time for this?

****** Shit

******* If you're a district official, minor, or recovering alcoholic I am totally kidding
 

3 comments:

  1. That's a whole lotta grading! Your students are going to be well prepared; I hope they show the AP test who's boss!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS