Burnt Pockets

While I'm fairly decent as saving money, gift cards burn a quick hole in my pocket. And now that my birthday and Christmas are over I could finally cash them in:





1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky- I've meant to read this for, like, twelve years. I was thinking it might be interesting to read while I'm teaching Catcher in the Rye (or maybe not).

2. Yoga Bitch by Suzanne Morrison- Only the STUPIDEST title ever! It has actually gotten really good reviews and, like running, sometimes I need some inspiration. Getting to class has been really easy while off, but I know I may need some motivation once work starts.

3. Ways of Going Home by Alejandro Zambra- A Chilean novel about an earthquake that changes lives forever.

4. Where'd You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple- I have heard nothing but great things about this book from sources I trust, plus the cover is pretty great. 

5. White Dog Fell From the Sky by Eleanor Morse- She had me at medical student. Don't worry, it gets much deeper than that, set in Africa during the Apartheid. 

I'm super glad I wasn't one of those suckers that said one of their resolutions was buying less books. As if. 

2 comments:

  1. I read the Perks of Being a Wallflower recently and really enjoyed it. I didn't want to watch the movie before reading the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also just read The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Great read! I imagine that you'll tear through it in a day's time. I haven't heard of or read the other books. I know I can count on a review once you've finished reading them so I know which ones to buy for myself!*

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS