Top Ten Tuesday- Spring has (Almost) Sprung

Here in Southern California the weather has definitely turned springish- our highs are in the mid-seventies and the sun is out all day. This is quite the turn from early last week, when it was cold, windy, and raining. Now if only we hadn't lost that damn hour....

This week, The Broke and the Bookish us ask us what books are in our spring TBR pile:

1. The Unchangeable Spots of Leopards  by Kristopher Jansma- The nice publicists at Penguin must have somehow known I wanted this book, since a copy showed up the other day (it was really a coincidence, but I'll take it). This debut is on everyone's radar and I'm excited to see if it lives up to the hype.

2. Maya's Notebook by Isabel Allende- I received an ARC for this book too, which is great, since I would have eventually bought it. Rumor has it she'll be in town in May, which will be a great treat.

3. Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple- The cover alone is such a draw for me. I'm a definite sucker for stories that write about people that drop everything and run away from their lives.

4. The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer- Another ARC... 

5. The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan- It seems like a nice, quick read that I'll undoubtedly need as we're finishing up the school year.

6. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood- I read this in high school but never had my own copy until I got it for Christmas. Such a fantastic story.

7. The Problem of Pain by CS Lewis- I've had this by my bed for almost a year and haven't taken the plunge. Honestly, I just don't get God. Supposedly this book might help clear things up.

8. Yoga Bitch by Suzanne Morrison- A quick, nonfiction read about a woman who becomes devoted to yoga through trial and error. My own adherence is waning a bit right now due to my hectic schedule, so I'm hoping this will motivate me to attend more than just one or two classes each week.

9. Lolita by Vladmir Nabakov- I've had this book for a really, really long time...

10. The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling- Might as well get it over with!    

7 comments:

  1. I've been meaning for ages to read The Handmaid's Tale--and all of her other books (I must be the only Canadian who still has Margaret Atwood on her want-to-read pile, lol). Ooh, The Casual Vacancy is also on my want-to-read pile...and hmm, I don't know, I hope to get around to Lolita eventually but maybe not in the immediate future, lol

    Oh, and Where'd You Go, Bernadette! I love the cover too and the premise sounds great, I should bump that up my list too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Casual Vacancy! I almost forgot about that one. Even though I'm not a die-hard Rwoling fan, I admire her work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list. Nice and diverse. Where'd You Go, Bernadette is great, as is Semple's debut, This One is Mine. I'm also a big fan of The Handmaid's Tale. I keep hearing about The Interestings - I'll have to check that out. Here's my list http://brev.is/FsZ4

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have Casual Vacancy in my TBR pile...wow it's been there since first released, I must stop signing up for book tours and start reading my TBR pile!

    My Top Ten.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should definitely read Lolita. It isn't a "fun" read, but it is a beautiful book. Lover's Dictionary, on the other hand is a super-fun, single sitting read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great list! Thank you for sharing!
    And thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, I've been meaning to read The Handmaid's Tale *forever* now and I didn't put it on my list! I think it's because I don't actually own a copy of that book, where all the books i listed I actually have. :D

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS