1. Spring break is approximately a day away and I cannot wait. I'm starting off Saturday with a trapeze class with my sister and then family get together. And then a whole bunch of friend time and sleeping in. And reading.
2. I am so proud that so many of my friends changed their profile pictures on Facebook this week to the red square (does it have an official name) to support marriage equality. I could write a whole rant on how outraged I am that gay couples still can't marry but I won't today. Let's just say in thirty years when this has blown over and everyone can marry it will be interesting to see who feel ridiculous and unfair. It's like people who participated in segregation fifty years ago. What does it even matter? Two lesbians getting married has jack crap to do with my marriage. And don't even throw the Bible at it- seperation of church and freakin' state, thankyouverymuch.
3. Speaking of things that are disgusting, I just learned the other the day that there is a scene in Fifty Shades of Grey in which they guy takes her tampon out for her? What the hell? Why? What? Whaaaaaaat? How is that hot? How is that sexy? How could you consider anything else between the two erotic after that happened? Excuse me while I go vomit. Be right back.
4. I keep finding old to do lists with things like "write 5,000 words," and "write 10,000 words," and "finish!" on them. Oh NaNoWriMo, I miss you a little bit.
5. I hate to brag, but I get to go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (or Harry Potter World as I call it) this summer. And then on a cruise. But first we'll down some Butter Beer and go to Olivander's for some wand action. I need to watch all the movies, for the first time, before then (one down....).
|[photo by Jen Blum; source]|
6. Tonight is parent teacher conference night- basically all of us teachers sit behind tables in the gym for three and a half hours and talked to parents. Last time I ended up with about 60 students attending- it was exhausting. I always complain about these nights but I usually end up leaving pretty satisfied that I was able to talk to so many families.
7. The seniors at school are getting their college acceptance letters- I mean emails. I remember back in the day it was all about the envelope size- small meant you were probably rejected and a bigger packet meant you were in. I wasn't home when mine came from UCLA, so I called my mom- all she had to say was that it was a big one and I knew that it was a done deal.
8. Tuesday, when I couldn't find my passport (long story, but it has been located) I came home and had a spoonful of ice cream with a squirt of writing-icing on top. I feel like I need to confess- it was a stress eating at its finest. But I must say, it was really delicious.
9. My husband introduced me to The Nerdist podcasts and I can't stop listening to them while I drive home. Chris Hardwick (do you remember his from Singled Out?) is one cool dude, and he gets really great guests- I'm listening to Judd Apatow right now and just finished up Tina Fey, Steve Carell, and Anna Kendrick.
10. If you are over twenty-one years of age please buy a bottle of Bombay Sapphire and Diet Squirt. Mix to your liking. You're welcome.