Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts

Happy holidays! Link up below (if you have time to play)!

1. A teething monster has moved into my house. He only comes out at night, so I guess I'm thankful for that? I also decided that last night, since he's sleeping poorly anyway, that we'd move him from our bedroom to his crib. That was interesting...

2. I got this email from Loft and the cat's name cracked me up!

[hello, Potato]
 
3. I've been off for less than a week and have already seen so many friends and family members. We've been very busy, so it will be nice to have a few days at home. I enjoy taking the teething monster Sawyer out to visit, since I know he's approaching the stage where a lot of babies become wary of strangers. Maybe he's like a dog- meet 100 people in the first however many months and you're good to go?

4. I know that I've mentioned it before, but now that I'm done with Serial, are there any other good podcasts I should be listening to? Refresh my memory.

5. I still am listening to The Nerdist, though, and am in the process of listening to the Paul McCartney episode. He's so humble and interesting. I highly recommend a listen.

6. It seems that a few  people misconstrued/took personally my post on kids on the internet. And here I thought I went overboard on the disclaimers! It was about no one, and it was about everyone. It was an editorial, an opinion piece, a societal observation. That's what I get for linking on Facebook, I guess. On the other hand, I received a lot of thoughtful comments as well, which I appreciated. I really don't care if people disagree with me, but I do want them to understand me.

7. I'm currently reading an ARC of Nick Hornby's upcoming novel, Funny Girl. I was a little nervous going into it, since I thought his last few novels weren't as good as his previous ones. So far, though, at about half way in, I'm enjoy it. I think it's out in February.

8. The (very innapropriate) possibilities are endless:

[don't be an elitist douche waffle, okay? source]

9. I'm seriously considering another tattoo, but I can't really articulate why, which makes me wonder if I shouldn't do it. Interestingly, this is exactly how I felt about having a baby. I like the baby just fine, so I guess permanently marking my body again would work out too? 

10. Tomorrow it's just the three of us for Christmas and I wouldn't have it any other way (well, my brother may come over for dinner). My husband and I used to travel every year in order to avoid the "what side of the family do we see?" conundrum, but last year and this year a trip hasn't really been possible. Our solution? Stay in and celebrate alone. It's so nice to relax, not leave the house, not worry about cleaning for people coming over, and not feel rushed. We do see our respective families, just not on the actual day.  

1 comment:

  1. Good list...I dropped the ball last Thursday and posting...in fact, I'm having a hard time figuring out why I have NO MORE free time during break than I do when working. WTH?

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS