Link up below!
1. I made a really, really tough decision- I'm done going to yoga for the rest of my pregnancy. For the first hour of the ninety minute class I'm fine- I have to modify, but I expected that. The last thirty minutes were basically a waste of my time, though, since it was mostly dedicated to inversions, abs, and sometimes back bends. Classes are $12, meaning I was essentially lose out on $4 and thirty minutes of my day (this was the kicker, since I'm feeling so behind lately). It's not a lot, but over the course of a month it adds up. I bought a stupid prenatal video that is still sitting in it's plastic upstairs, and am doing a lot of hill walking and some cycling, so I'm still quite active. It's just a bit of a loss, because I really love going.
2. I'm slightly obsessed with buying a small portable shop-vac. Our dust buster is dying and it's really hard for me to haul the vacuum up the stairs step by step to clean them. With a little guy I could clean the stairs (it's only 8 pounds), my car, the tops of the fans... the possibilities are endless.
3. I finally updated my iPhone after to the new IOS (well, new several months ago) after the email security issue. It was traumatic. And the neon colors make me feel like I'm a fourteen year old Japanese kid that loves anime or something.
4. Best senior will for yearbook ever: "I, [student name], will to my younger brother, [student name], my sword, bow, and ax. May they help you on your journey to destroy the ring. I have left behind my final horcrux, but you will never find it, so I will be immortal. May the force be with you, and may the odds be ever in your favor." So much awesomeness in one place. I have her as a student and she's the neatest kid.
5. If you're a blogger who tries to be conscientious about copyrights on pictures, check out freepik.com.
6. We settled on a day care, after looking at several. There is so much to consider, but ultimately this one met some of the more important requirements on our list, so I dropped off the paperwork last week. I feel like it's going to be a good fit! It's definitely a relief to have the mission accomplished.
7. I'm legitimately concerned about California's drought, which I almost take personally, being from the Central Valley (aka the heart and soul of California's agricultural economy). Sure, the ski resorts are turning to fake snow and our grass is going to cost more to keep green, but those really feeling the burn are the farmers and migrant workers. It's going to be a really rough year- those big grey clouds rolling in right now better have some rain for us and some snow for the mountains.
|[What Folsom Lake has been reduced to; source]|
8. I really hate stand up comedy. I'm listening to BJ Novak on The Nerdist pdocast right now and they're going on and on about the stand up days. So no, I don't want to go to the Improv with you (unless by some miracle Tina Fey is there).
9. This is going to change my life:
10. I'm not incredibly thrilled about my upcoming trip to Houston, but I am excited that I should actually have some time to read something besides student papers (I'm not bringing any, at all). I feel like I've been reading Oryx and Crake for forever.