Top Ten Tuesday- Fall TBR

[you know what you can do with your Pumpkin Spiced everything?]


How I desperately wish "fall" was happening right now in Southern California. Today it is a bit cooler (like 85 instead of 100), but it's also extremely muggy and the only reason why leaves are green is because the drought. 

Anyway, The Broke and the Bookish want to know what we're going to read this season, so here's what I'm considering:

1. Running in the Family by Michael Ondaatje- This is a reread, but I'm going to be teaching it very soon and will need a refresher. 

2. Bad Feminist by Roxanne Gay- I've been trying to read collections of essays or short stories concurrently with novels lately, so this will be up soon.

3 & 4. Reading Lolita in Tehran and The Republic of Imagination by Azar Nafisi- I accepted the second for review without realizing that she had written Reading Lolita first. Being the completionist I am, I'll be going in order. 

5. Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee- Mother effer. So we're reading this for book club and I'll need a super solid skim before sitting down to discuss. A student is also doing an Extended Essay on it as well, so I should refresh my memory, I suppose. I read it over the summer and wasn't in love, so I'm not thrilled about going backwards.

6. This is the Story of a Happy Marriage by Ann Patchett- I've never met a Patchett book I didn't like.

7. Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling- I'm going to see her on Sunday night and get a copy of her book with my ticket. I just finished listening to her first book and it was great.

8. Prisoner of Heaven by Carlos Ruiz Zafon- I've been jonesing for some magical realism. 

9. Maddadam by Margaret Atwood- It's time to complete the trilogy, which I've adored so far. Her new book is coming out soon, so I'll want to finish off this one first.

10. Light Boxes by Shane Jones- I've had this novella for years and have put it off since I knew the experimental fiction-ness of it would require some serious attention (I think? If I remember right?).


7 comments:

  1. I really need to read the Madaddam books! Happy reading!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I know what you mean about the heat...at the beach it's even in the high 80s. Ugh! I can't believe I forgot to put Mindy Kaling's book on my list. I'm not sure how I feel about Go Set a Watchman. I'm scared to ruin To Kill a Mockingbird for myself. Great list! :)
    My TTT
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Set a Watchman is my bookclub pick next month too so I guess I have to read it now. Although I also want to reread To Kill a Mockingbird since I haven't read it since high school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm skipping Watchman but debating adding Mindy Kaling's book to my TBR pile. SO MANY BOOKS lol My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you enjoy Prisoner of Heaven! =D How did I not know that Ann Pratchett has a new book? (then again, I've only read one of her books thus far xD) Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you don't already have a copy of Bad Feminist, I definitely recommend it on audio. Roxanne Gay narrates it herself and it was really nice to dip in and out of for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Mindy Kaling and I can't wait to read Why Not Me?! I really enjoyed her first book.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS