Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts



Link up! Link back! Say hi (or don't, since we all know how much I suck at leaving comments... for now, anyway).

1. My mantra for the next two weeks: just keep working.

I am actually in the best place I've ever been in at this point in the semester, but there is still so much to do before our last day on June 2. 

2. I am deeply, deeply concerned that my husband and I have somehow accidentally traded one of our two pillows each. The very thought is so disturbing (to me, he could care less). I am incredibly protective of all things personal- I won't share my toothbrush, ear buds, razors, or chapstick). 

3. I refuse to let anything stop me from having a great summer. Not gonna let it happen. Nope.

4. I will be teaching my current IB juniors next year as well, and this summer I am going to give them the choice to read Hamlet, Othello, The Tempest, or Julius Caesar in preparation for reading Macbeth (I know that The Tempest is considered a tragicomedy, but I am going to be reading it anyway to prepare for reading Margaret Atwood's Hagseed, so I might as well give them the option). Most of the kids have limited Shakespeare-reading experience, so I like them to read something else before we tackle a play they will be tested on. My point? I have to reread four plays this summer. Right now I am excited, but I think this might not be the truth in August.

5. I watched Nocturnal Creatures a few weeks ago and liked it- I appreciated the novel aspect.

6. Robert Mueller seems legit. Maybe? Is this bipartisan appreciation real? Is this POSSIBLE? SHOULD ROBERT MUELLER BE OUR PRESIDENT?!?!?!

7. I think my next audiobook will probably be Who Thought This Was a Good Idea?: And Other Questions You Should Have Answers to When You Work in the White House by Alyssa Mastromonaco because I miss Obama and this seems like that will make my Democratic heart a little happier.

1 comment:

  1. You will have an awesome summer, I'm sure of it :)

    I know you're reading it for teaching your students but that's pretty exciting that you'll be re-reading those plays. I've been meaning to revisit The Tempest but haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe later this year?

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS