A Sad Goodbye

Last night my husband and I made the decision to put down our thirteen-year-old Golden Cordie. She was diagnosed with leukemia three months ago and we didn't pursue chemo because of her age, so this day was inevitable. Over the weekend she couldn't keep down food or liquid, so by Sunday night we knew that she needed to get in to see a vet. I waited for several hours at the emergency clinic so she could be rehydrated and get some meds for a crazy high fever she had. Everything worked for a few hours and allowed her some sleep and a little pep in her step, but soon she was right back where she had been. When we went to her regular vet last night we anticipated the worst and our fears were confirmed. 

She was such a good dog. Anxious, neurotic, and stubborn, for sure, but she was sweet and trustworthy around our son and belongings. She loved banana muffins, hot dogs, swimming, and her family. She was a trooper until the very last second. 

She was loved immensely and will be missed terribly.  

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your loss... it's always brutal to lose a beloved pet, and she was clearly loved dearly by you all. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no. I am so sorry. Pets become so much a part of our lives that it can be hard to imagine life without them. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss, but glad you had each other for 13 years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss, Christine :(

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS